Frequently Asked Questions
- ▼Are all of your fabrics antimicrobial/antibacterial/antiviral?
Yes. All of our fabrics and finished fabric products are antimicrobial. We utilize Nylon 66 fabric that has silver ions imbued into the matrix of the yarn so it never washes off.
Independent laboratory testing by Leitat Managing Technologies shows that the concentration of silver ions in our fabric reduces the viability of microbes and the infection rate of viruses.
For details on the research results please read our PDF.
- ◄Do you produce sustainable fabrics?
Yes, we are a sustainable fabric supplier based in Silicon Valley, California. We specialize in using technology to make the most sustainable fabrics in the world. All our fabrics are:
- 100% post-consumer recyclable; stay tuned for news about our convenient recycling centers
- 100% microfiber pollution-free; they emit no dangerous microfibers
- 100% chemical free; we use no finishes or solvents on our fabric
- 100% water pollution free; our eco dye dry dyeing process uses no water.
- ◄Face Mask Care Insturctions
We recommend that you wash your face mask 140°F with an unscented detergent and air dry for 1 - 2 hours.
- ◄What is the difference between Silver Ion fabric and Copper fabric?
Both silver and copper are strong antimicrobial materials, but there are issues with copper as a sustainable solution.
Copper Ions require regular maintenance to maintain their antimicrobial capabilities when compared to Silver Ions. Copper Ions also cannot be adapted to design changes as easily as Silver Ions due to: 1) copper being prone to oxidation, which turns the material green, and 2) in its metallic form it can only exist in shades of copper itself unless treated with an additional chemical coating, which negates the antimicrobial protection.
For more information please see Biocite’s article comparing the two: https://www.biocote.com/blog/silver-vs-copper/
- ◄How do silver ions kill microbes and disrupt viruses?
- ◄What makes your fabric the best for face masks?
Unlike other materials our fabric uses Silver Ion technology that interfere with and kill microbes. Compared to other Silver Ion mask manufacturers we do not utilize a spray-on coating that you inhale and that eventually washes off after every cleaning. Masks that use such spray-on finishes are only good for 50 uses at most (often less), after which time the protection is lost. Our silver ion technology is imbued into the matrix of the yarn. After 100 washes our fabric does not lose its effectiveness because of this.
Additionally, our masks are certified 100% post-consumer recyclable and our fabric is certified to produce virtually zero microfiber pollution, a leading cause of textile-based planetary pollution. Oh, and they are super comfortable as well!
- ◄What should I do when I receive my first mask?
Make sure to just wash your face mask at 140°F with an unscented detergent and air dry completely (approx. 1 -2 hours). If the adjustable ear loop knot has come undone simply slide the ear loop fabric back through the hole at the bottom of the side of the mask. Tie off a tight knot and you are good to go again.
- ◄What other uses are there for Meryl fabric?
Our fabric can be used for a wide range of products such as uniforms, scrubs, lab coats, athletic-wear, activewear, apparel, and more.
- ◄Do you do Custom or Wholesale Orders?
Yes, we do both custom and wholesale orders for fabric and finished products. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your order so we can better assist you.
- ◄Are your products made in the USA?
Yes, Meryl Technologies works with US factories in Georgia, New Jersey, and New York to manufacture our reusable silver ion face masks, pillow cases, and other products.
For specialized global orders we have additional factories in Guatemala and Lithuania.
- ◄My order is a gift. Can I send a card with the order?
- Yes, we would be happy to send a card with your order. Many of our customers love to send our masks to others as a gift. Please let us know in the comments of your order or email us at email@example.com so we can add it to your order.
- ◄Shipping and Returns